As mentioned previously, it’s hard to find healthy snacks that are nutritional these days; even those claiming to be healthy are secretly packed full of sugar and salt. We’re here to give you an enjoyable healthy snack that you can put together in seconds. Here is the second of our healthy snacks series from Neil Bowman Training’s Healthy Snacks – Greek Yoghurt.
Regular and Greek Yoghurt are both fermented dairy products, but Greek Yoghurt is strained to make it much thicker and tangier than regular Yoghurt. Greek Yoghurt contains about half the carbs and sugar as regular Yoghurt while packing almost twice as much protein. It also has less calcium and sodium. It’s rich in probiotics and can be more suitable to those who are lactose intolerant. Below are our top suggestions to make Greek Yoghurt a staple in your healthy snacks list.
Greek Yoghurt – Healthy Flavour Options
- Oats – A great way to add fibre to your snack with the added benefit of being known to help maintain good heart health as they contribute to lowering cholesterol.
- Cacao Powder – Cocoa powder adds strong chocolate taste while also being healthy – cocoa is rich in antioxidants.
- Mixed Nuts – 30g of mixed nuts will give you the energy boost you need to fight off the afternoon slump.
- Mixed Berries – Now easily accessible in any supermarket, fresh or frozen berries are a great addition to Greek Yoghurt to get the sweet taste you might crave.
- Slices of Fresh Fruits – Apple, Pear, Orange, Peach, Grape, etc. Cut into small cubes makes a light and summery snack
- Dried Fruit – Apricots, Dates, Figs, Prunes, Raisins, etc. A great way to add sweetness to your Greek Yoghurt but caution is required as they can be high in sugar content.
All these flavours can be mixed and matched but always keep in mind that it is a snack and the portions should reflect this.
Greek Yoghurt – Combinations
Remember this is a healthy snack not a meal and portions should be made with this in mind. That being said, the below can equally be made for breakfast.
- Blueberries + Granola + Peanut Butter + Cinnamon + Greek Yoghurt
- Strawberries + Raspberries + Blackberries + Banana + Sliced Almonds +Greek Yoghurt
- Pineapple + Toasted Coconut + Macadamia Nuts + Greek Yoghurt
- Grapefruit + Mango + Pomegranate + Granola +Greek Yoghurt
- Strawberries + Kiwi+ Greek Yoghurt
- Turmeric + Cinnamon + Ginger + Pepper + Honey + Pistachios + Strawberries + Greek Yogurt
If you’d like to see more like Healthy Snacks – Homemade Popcorn; follow us on our app here on iOS or Android, or drop down in person and join us for a class.
Very nice design and style and wonderful subject material, nothing else we need : D.
It?¦s really a cool and helpful piece of info. I am satisfied that you shared this useful information with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.
Somebody essentially assist to make seriously posts I might state. That is the very first time I frequented your web page and thus far? I surprised with the research you made to make this actual post extraordinary. Great activity!
Good write-up, I am regular visitor of one’s web site, maintain up the excellent operate, and It is going to be a regular visitor for a lengthy time.
Way cool, some valid points! I appreciate you making this article available, the rest of the site is also high quality. Have a fun.
superb post.Never knew this, thanks for letting me know.
I’d constantly want to be update on new articles on this internet site, saved to fav! .